I used to cut the lawn and trails with a walk behind Feris hydrostatic mower. It was a back-breaker as the handles were not adjustable and were set for someone being about 5'6", not 6'. Just enough to hurt. It took about 4 hours total to hit it all, and I didn't have the additional pond to mow around then. It was about 1 mile of trails, and 1.5 acres of regularly mowed area.

However, I was in great shape every summer! I could basically run up mountains while my friends were huffing and puffing. I could get away with eating anything. Then again, that was 10 years ago, and I am not feeling quite as spry these days. I traded it in so I could sit on my butt on a zero turn and finish the whole thing off, pond included in 1.5 hours.

I think I am just going to rent a tractor this fall with brush hog, and see how much hassle it is to rent. The chaff in the radiator has always been a problem, so leaving a bucket down is a good idea. I usually have to stop up at the house periodically and blow out the seeds from the radiator to keep things running cool.

Last edited by liquidsquid; 08/12/19 10:40 AM.