Thanks again, Bill.

I don't plan on adding any more trout, as they seem to pressure the pond as you mentioned and I only added them so there would be some fish to take care of leaches and other minor issues. They just happened to be readily available in my area, and I liked that they wouldn't be able to breed, so I could control their population easily. So I assume by the time the pond is ready for YP, the trout would be all gone. It shouldn't be too tough to get the sizes of YP you mentioned, so, assuming the trout are gone, how many 7" perch would you recommend adding in around 2020?

If you'd like, I can send photos of the pond. Would oxygen be an issue down the road with all the new bass and potentially YP? It is my understanding that LMB require much less dissolved oxygen than trout, and are generally much hardier. Although I do assume trout fair better in cold water. I do have a lot of curly leaf pond weed which is an issue I am trying to control, and I would think the enormous mass of plants would take a fair amount of oxygen as well.

Again, I really appreciate your time and knowledgeable, thorough answers.

Adam

I subscribe!