Thanks FLX...as you mentioned in another thread, your video post got buried and slipped by me.

It's really interesting at my recently renovated pond (3 years ago) . I have always considered it high in nutrients, but without much science to back it up. Mainly because it's always muddy, it can grow some FA where any light penetrates, cattle pastures in the watershed, and consistent algae blooms where some get kinda scary. My latest test results indicated ZERO nitrates, ZERO phosphates, and just bit more than Zero ammonia. DO levels are OK, but not great (5-6ppm) and the pH is almost always perfect (very near 7).

With the WH flowering aspect weighing in from your video, it suggest high nutrients too, but I don't think my test results suggest that. Either way , removing about a bucket a day seems a bit low because at one time they were doubling every week or so and they seems to have slowed down with no blooms. I still wonder it the FA is choking the smaller ones, but I don't have the gumption to manicure them.

Fish on!,
Noel