I'm having a cry-baby moment here.. I have had the most massive explosion of FA I've ever seen in a 3-day period.
I'm just short of 5/8 acre. Due to snow melt runoff through my tall grass buffers in early march, it turned my water to Ice tea as it was melting the ice covered pond. In early April I shot 350lbs of Alum followed by 150lbs hydrated lime in hopes of locking up some Phos.
Around the first part of June I started seeing some patches of FA but not alarmed-expected some. As it became worse, I was removing quite a bit and also using copper sulfate near shore until I hit the max recommended dose for Total acre feet. That was around first part of July.
Since then I have removed 16 boat loads which equates to 2 pickup beds full after dry-down. 3 days ago it blew up like I've never seen before-anywhere except maybe a sewage pond.
I've had no rain inflow event so I decided I best be doing some chemistry samples. Ammonia-0, Nitrates-0, Nitrites-0, PH-Well, I'm undecided because if I test with std pH solution it is close to Max color of 7.6, if I test with High solution, it is close to Max color of 8.8..SH*%T.
Tested for 3 days, am & pm with same high-end of both scales. I brought a sample home tonight, had my wife look at samples and she agrees, whether std or high test, both colors match high end???????????
I would take loader and cut a drain through Dam but set traps last night and today they were LOADED with fish. Loads of YP, several YOY SMB and lots of BG and RES, Crawdads in numbers that are scary. fish look REAL good and healthy.
Not sure what to do if anything, but thought I would Cry here to you guys and hope for a reasonable suggestion.

Edit: I might add QA had mentioned, or someone in the nutrient thread about WH not blooming in high nutrient situations. I've seen 2 plants bloom, last for the day and gone. My WH really look like crap for what I assumed was a nutrient rich water body.

22-24" vis, been consistent all summer since first bloom.

Last edited by Snipe; 08/05/19 10:23 PM.