Joey, not prying in here but one of the things that has been pounded into my head for nearly 27 yrs now is the best way to manage your fish is to "manage your fish according to their condition". I realize most state agencies look at things different than the private sector but we've got some pretty salty dudes involved here. The condition of the fish may determine a particular water quality condition over time, but managing the fish to a point they survive and prosper in those conditions is how we handle it. Carrying capacity varies greatly by BOW and there is no measuring "device" for that.
If a higher than normal balance of healthy fish were to experience one element of hundreds-out of whack- that play into this, it is possible to have a morning surprise of a pond covered in dead fish if conditions are right. One series of 2 cloudy days with calm conditions with high biomass-then add a die-off (Planktonic in nature)it can and has caused a kill in one night with no warning and absolutely nothing could have been done to prevent it in time to save anything. I've seen this a couple of times in impoundments that were monitored on a regular basis.
TJ is a very sharp man, very good at what he does, and has very high success rates in the work he does. Cutting on him has to stop, his success speaks for itself.