Erick, the lmb and Hsb seem to be pretty healthy and most all of them caught were above the charts. I don't fish all that often but I will need to catch more in the future. I don't want them to become lure shy and the best I can tell my relative weights are good. My last time fishing I had 4 lmb in the 17" size where the standard wt would have been 3lb 2 oz but mine were all in or around 3lb 15 oz or so. A couple of 16" were also above the charts. However the 3 at 15" were at the standard but not below the standard. I was pretty sure these were male lmb because they did not look to be holding any eggs. That was my last lmb fishing time and was back in May. I did remove one 16" lmb that had gone blind in one eye.
And I should have removed those three 15" er's. Hindsight is 20/20. These were all caught in a couple of hrs fishing. In the last 60 days or so I have seen one lmb that I suspect is a double digit and my son also saw an extra large lmb. One he said was larger than a trophy 10lb'er I have on the wall. He had a spotlight on it at night at the pier. He said it was just swimming on the surface so he got a good look. I also caught some nice sized hsb up to 5lbs that looked to be really fat and healthy.

Now as far as my water quality, it has looked good after we treated with the alum sulfate last year. Right now I have a 7.2pH and visibility is running 29" of an olive/slightly brown or tan look to it. I think the alum treatment was a good call. Prior to that treatment, my water had been in the 9 to 12" range of green water. I had no plants then but today I have the amount of A. Pondweed that I wanted along with some bushy pondweed. The bushy stuff, I am not so sure of how much of it I want? But from what I have herd on the Bob Lusk Facebook program then maybe its ok to have some. And Thanks once again Eric smile

jpsdad, thank you for the post up. Well thought out I think. And something to think about. I hope to grow some of the lmb to the 13# range within the next 3 to 4 yrs. These Floridia's came from Todd Overton and the genetics are great.
where did you obtain this information or was it something you came up with? Either way it looks good. I believe I am in the numbers of forage needed (based on your chart)at this time. And the hsb along with some of the northern lmb are hand feed Purina lmb 4 to 5 days per week. But I will keep an eye on the size and the numbers to maintain the lmb growth. One of my reason for asking these questions of how many is because of all the forage that is in the pond. Tp,cnbg.res,tfs. The Hsb also contribute to my questioning as to how many lbs per acre of fish? I plan to start culling some hsb and lmb this fall. I would remind you we had no lmb spawn or fry survival until the 3rd spring/last year 2018. I also added some res, cnbg fhm and gsh this spring.

Last edited by TGW1; 07/25/19 04:12 PM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy