I have three diffusers coming off the aerator that I placed evenly spaced apart across the length/width of the pond. So two diffusers at either end (pond is somewhat oval shaped) and one diffuser in the middle. The two at either end are at ~7-8 feet in depth. The one in the middle, deepest, is at ~15-18 ft. We went to a pond "class" a few years ago after we bought the house, and from what I learned there, aeration is key to a healthy pond and they never said anything about not running it in winter. Also, I posed that same question to the pond "experts" where I ordered the aerator last year and they said that winter and high summer are the most important times of the year to have aeration. I told him I run it 24/7 and he had no concerns about that. So, my take from all of that is it's fine running in winter (?).

We have a creek that runs around and through our property. I have never seen an otter around or near the pond. But....its still possible I suppose. If so, the otter just found the pond because we didn't have this issue in previous 3 years nor did the previous owner from what I know.

Last edited by Busarider29; 07/25/19 10:45 AM.