I would have to say the barrel cut in half with the diffuser laid inside it will not help with your problem of churning up the bottom. I had that problem for a couple of years, it went on everyday that kicking up the ponds bottom and I herd Bob Lusk say, it's not good to kick up the solids with your diffusers. I tried using cinder blocks and other things to set the diffusers on. But For me, a comparison was when I tried one of those baby plastic swimming pools. You know the type, made out of some stiff plastic and about 4' across and 10"or so deep, and sold at Walmart. I set my diffusers in those and it still stirred up the bottom sediments and would cloudy up the water for some 10 to 15' circle around the diffuser bubbles at the surface. I tried several things to stop it from happening and nothing seemed to help until I got the diffusers off the ponds bottom. I wound up building some tables out of rot iron rods I purchased at home depot, built the tables 21" high and just large enough to be stable and wide enough to set my Kasco diffuser on top of it. I no longer have that circle of sediment stirred up.

Last edited by TGW1; 07/17/19 06:26 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy