Welcome to the forums! It looks like you have Filamentous Algae (FA) and have it bad. I have not had to fight that stuff much with my new pond, but plenty of folks here have...

FA can be very challenging. I believe the main factors to concentrate on are...

1.) Eliminate/reduce shallow water,

2.) Use dyes (or muddy conditions) to reduce light penetrating to the bottoms. From what I have read, it is best to start the dyes in the early spring.

3.) Reduce/avoid excessive nutrients in the water.

4.) Don't think carp will solve this problem without doing your homework. They will only eat it as a last resort, after the good vegetation is gone.

It will help to remove any and all the FA mats that get to floating around. This will take the nutrients out of the pond that would otherwise sink back down and add to the next crop. Some popular ways of removing the algae involve aluminum yard rakes fitted with swim noodles for flotation and using ropes fitted with a lot of zip-ties and used to corral the FA to a pond end or cove so the rake can be more effective.

I can not suggest any chemical solutions as I have not needed that, but they exist and could be used in conjunction with the other options. Do you homework on copper sulfate too before putting any more in. That stuff can have some side effects to be cautious of.

Can you have Tilapia in your state? Plenty of success stories involving Tilapia.

Read up on FA by typing the following into your google search (without the quotation marks...

"site:forums.pondboss.com Filamentous Algae FA"

This will yield plenty of PondBoss threads on the subject.

Here is a good thread to start with...

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=92633

Last edited by Quarter Acre; 07/13/19 09:51 AM. Reason: added thread link

Fish on!,
Noel