I finally got to take my wife on the pond in our boat today. I have some questions so I hope I will get some responses. I was skunked by my bride 5-0 She caught 2 8", 1 10", 1 10 1/2" & 1 11" All were male LMB and we was using GSH for bait. I did take out a BG that was struggling to breath. I picked him up with a boat paddle so that tells you he was about dead. I threw him out in the field cause I didn't know if he had something wrong with him. His tail was red so I don't know if he had worked himself to death or what? That is one question I have. The main question is I am not catching any larger size LMB. And now we are not catching many of any size. We use GSH. I have a couple new rod & reals to do some artificial lures but just haven't got around to setting them up. Today I seen the most little minnows around the fishing dock and along the shallows. That has to be a good sign. I could not tell what they were. Some were as small as 1/4" on up to an inch or so. We see lot of fish activity when we are at the pond with fish splashing around and so on. Everything I read here says to take out about 25 lbs of LMB a year per acre. So do I need to continue taking out the LMB? What if I started throwing out some fish food to see what comes to get it and get a better idea what is in there? Now that I got my boat back up I am going to do some yo-yoing & troutlining for the CC in the pond. I plan to set them in the evening and checking them the next morning. Any ideas on my LMB would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance.

Nothing like seeing your bobber bobbing.
1 acre pond with LMB BG GSF BH CC and whatever else I can find
Not after trophies I just like catching and eating fish
Buddy R Hill

I Subscribe