I stocked my new 1 acre pond about a month ago with 250 BG, 100 Redear, 4# FH minnows, 4# Golden Shiners, and 50 4"-6" Channel Cat fingerlings.

Other than the first week after stocking, I've seen very little "movement" activity, top water ripples, etc. or sightings of this initial stocking.

I've thrown out about 3 coffee cans of fish food within the last month.

Last Staurday, my wife & I walked the pond. We saw a few small ripples. But, the worst sight I had was 4 dead BG's, each about 3"-4", in about 18" of water plus a few dead FH's.--no sightings--dead or alive of any CC's or others.

Is this something I should be alarmed about? Do I have the whole stocking laying dead on their sides in deeper water? Or, is the population just "dormat", not moving around much, etc.?

The average depth in the deeper end is 6'-8' (12' deepest)18"-3' in the shallower areas. I placed brush piles and rock structures per Lusk's book and postings on this forum.

During the day, I can see to a depth of about 4'-5'. I haven't tried "spotlighting" other than trying my truck lights on brights. Still seeing no fish! \:\(

Your thoughts, please?