Can someone give me a hand? My vertex 1/4hp pondlyfe 1 compressor seemed to need an overhaul. The boil is getting wimpy and the sound coming from the case seemed louder last fall when I shut it down. I ordered the rebuild kit and finally got around to attempting the rebuild.

This was my first attempt and I followed the instructions and pictures very carefully. It seemed fairly simple. The parts were separated into different plastic bags which helped. But yet there were some times in the process where the parts I had on my unit didn't seem to match what was in the pictures. The description of the parts was not exactly clear.

I took it apart and checked and reassembled with new parts at least 5-6 times. Yet when I turn it on I must have done something wrong. The unit is much louder now than when I started and on one occasion I could not get the motor to turn over. I can get it to turn over freely by rotating the motor by hand.

I'm sure someone has done this before? Maybe I can PM them and use a video conference call or a phone call to inspect what I did and see if I did something wrong.

Where are the tricky parts of this rebuild?

Thanks in advance