"Even with the lowest diffuser 2 foot of the bottom, I have no thermocline. I think that the water being lifted by the diffusers is also dragging water from beneath the diffuser up with it. I still ponder on what can be done to eliminate that dragging of water so that a cooler area can be created if that is even possible in my small BOW. I am considering adding 18" to my deepest diffuser."

I'm in the same situation QA. I think, because there is no bottom plate under my diffusers, the lift is pulling everything up from below. Even with just the one diffuser, I have less than 5 degrees difference top to bottom.

As hot as it's gotten, I've decided to shut my bottom aeration off for the summer and just run the surface fountain. Right now I've got it going 12 hours, from 4a-4p. I know the bottom will stratify and become devoid of most DO, but at least the fish will have an escape if the surface gets too hot.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!