Last week, Wife and I spent 5 days at our place. She got on a tractor and mowed the 4 or 5 acre front pasture while I used chain saw, limb saw and sweat to clean up old dead junk around the house. Hauled off 2 16 ft trailer loads to make brush piles. Took 2 days to get it all done and I still need to put in another day around the house. Getting HOT!!

Did some fishing and got some surprises. After the cormorants hit me, I've done some restocking of 3-4 inch BG, 15 pounds of FHM and a dozen 6 inch HSB's. But what they left behind is a mystery. I knew I had some larger BG left because they come to feed. I generally only use Stubby Steves for BG. Decided to try a small feathered jig instead. I caught 4 bass about 8 inches long and tossed them back. That surprised me because I've seen no bass action. But, the big surprise was a channel cat of about 3 pounds. I don't recall stocking them in the last 20+ years but it was a healthy fish and I released it. Also hung what I figure was some larger HSB's that got hung up in structure. I would like to get them out but that might take some effort.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP