I bought my starters from an outfit in Texas. I posted the cost earlier in this thread.

I really dont have an efficient way of sorting them into sizes and they're already set up to to make shipments. You dont need adults as you already have them. They are everywhere naturally.

You can actually get started without starter maggots, as the adults will be attracted to the smell. There would be a stronger smell initially since the food stuff would be able to rot more before getting consumed, but if you fill the feed tray with vegetable/fruit mass (lettuce, tomatoes, bananas etc) the smell wouldnt be near as robust as if you used meat. You can put something like peat in the bottom, take a box of oatmeal and wet it down and use that too.

It would just take a bit for the adults to find it and the eggs to hatch, but it will eventually come to life on its own.

I'll be posting pics in a bit.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!