I am pretty sure most lakes and ponds are natural in Wisconsin or is that Minnesota I am thinking of? But here in Texas the natural lakes and ponds are few and far between. I believe Texas has only ONE natural lake and that is Caddo Lake that is only about a mile or so from my farm. Its more like snrub said. A pond here is unnatural and most of the ponds here were built for watering holes up until the 60's and 70's. But today, I think most are built for recreation. Fishing for the most part. And that is why I built my pond. I know I am not the only one that wanted a fishing pond around here because of the number of fish suppliers that are in and around our part of Texas, La, Okla and Ark. So, the question was in the last 10 yrs how much more have we learned about a sport fishing pond when it comes to pounds per acre? Keeping in mine that each type of fish in a pond might take up a different area of the pond. Has the recommended pounds per acre of fish remained the same? I am fairly certain the recommended pounds per acre of Tp has changed along with the numbers or ratio of bg to lmb depending on a trophy pond or a general fishing pond. So, I was just thinking maybe things have changed in the last 10 yrs?

Last edited by TGW1; 06/23/19 07:03 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy