Check out PondBoss Facebook live videos from the last month or so. I actually asked about Tilapia, and he said it was a great place to control the algae, give the hungry bass something to eat, and have something to eat if I wanted.

I want to say he said if you look on a map and go south to around Waco and draw a line, that’s where it gets iffy on if they will serve the purpose of eating the algae, adding to the food chain, and lying once water gets too cold. For example I don’t believe he would recommend it in San Antonio. Too hot and they likely wouldn’t die.

I had talked about just getting 1 pound for a 0.87 acre pond, he suggested at least 10, the sales lady at overtons talked me into more. It is crazy though how you can watch them spitting the young out of their mouth etc.

Not sure if it was all the tilapia or if part of it was the heat, but the algae was 100% gone in less than 6 weeks. I have a couple pictures but can’t figure out how to post them on here.

I bought My TIlapia from overtons, but I know there’s a hatchery in b/CS - Bait barn - I believe.