I did a mild cleaning of the fras yesterday. Pulling out potato peels and anything else that had been there a while. I only found one chicken bone in all of it, but I dont usually throw big bones to them. All the skeletal remains of fish and snakes was completely consumed.

I'm not real sure how long they can go without feeding but that is also dictated by temps. They will winter without feed as long as they dont freeze. I've gone as long as four days without throwing anything to them and they did fine. Their metabolism just seems to slow way down and production of puppa stops.

We cleaned out the fridge yesterday so they got a big load of scraps that should last a few days. The amount they eat is relative to temp and just how big your feeding container is. I drilled very small holes in the bottom of the feed tray as well as the main box, but to be honest, theres very little moisture to leak out. The maggots keep a lot of it. I was really surprised how oily the meal is, even after drying in the hot solar oven for several days.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!