Having countless fish fry's over the years with an unlimited supply of BG, LMB, BCP and HSB (especially before I moved off the pond property), after filleting I would rinse and then let them soak in salt water for 10-15 minutes. Not sure why but for one it kept them from getting stiff. Then after patting dry they went in vacuum sealed bags, layed flat for quick thawing.

For breading, the smaller filets (BG & BCP) got the smaller breading (such as Zatarain), the bigger filets we prefered crushed cornflakes, panko bread crumbs, etc. Whichever I used I also added different seasonings to the breading; cajun, lemon pepper, McCormicks or whatever sounded good.

Pat dry, eggwash then breading. Then off to the grease, the oven or the air fryer and as others have stated, it doesn't take long! 1-2 minutes in 350 degree grease for the smaller filets.

And here's a very helpful tip to have breaded filets ready whenever you want them, or if you have an upcoming fishfry planned:

After breading the filets, lay them flat on wax paper on a large cookie sheet and put them in the freezer for at least 30 miuntes. You can then load them into a large zip-lock freezer baggie, they won't stick together and you'll have breaded filets ready at all times. No need to thaw, just grab a few drop them in the grease (or oven) and you're good to go!

And no one said they have to be breaded and fried. Baked naked with some butter and a little lemon pepper and they are outstanding.

Do not overcook!

PS - When you've stocked them, raised them, caught 'em cleaned 'em and cooked 'em, it doesn't get much better, IMO smile .

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES