What parish are you in?? I live in Calcasieu. The elevation code here is 13' above MSL. When I built my house, it was just after the flood of record on the Sabine, which put 6.25' of water in my yard and 4.5' in the house. We relocated and had to start from scratch. Dug a pond on my property to build up my pad. I told my pond/dirt guy to keep digging until he had the pad at least 15' elevation. Good thing I did because hurricane Harvey left 56" of water in my yard. 1.5 acres was reduced to 12' all around the house (barndomineum still under construction at the time) but the house stayed dry. If I had gone with the minimum requirement, I would've had 3 feet of water in the house.

My pond sits about 50' from my front door. Mechanical septic system is behind the house and was completely flooded during Harvey, but was no worst for wear afterward. Well sits about 50' from the pond but is 200' deep.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!