Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
I've worked on approx 200 projects, never experienced a kill event due to polymer [except one case treating a 2' max depth pond]. I've treated all 7 of my ponds with existing fisheries and have only found a handful of YOY BG and FHM morts following polymer treatment. Check stomach contents of some morts - will address the polymer question. Any FHM morts or just BG?

How's the pond level holding?

Pond level is doing fine. Still around 1/4in lost per day. Finally got some rain this weekend but it wasn’t but around an inch total. We hadn’t had rain in over a month. I’m 20in below full pool. It’s just strange I never had any fish lost since the restocking then over a month later a fish kill. It has to be the heat. I’m fixing to leave on vacation, so I won’t be able to check any fish. Bad timing to not be around. I put the aerator in about 6ft of water and put it on a timer to run from 12am to 7am.
Yesterday evening I tested water temps again all over the pond at different depths. Surface temp was at 90. 1ft-8ft is around 84 and below that was 82. I had the aerator off all day. So maybe I can keep it cooler down deep. Hope I can still put in enough O2.