This plant might be a decent floating island plant if they had some substrate to live in, but, I'm afraid, my efforts in trying this plant have failed. I bought the Botswana Wonder (Aeschynomene Fluitans) from a web vendor who's description merely consisted of this...

"Our Favorite Floating Pond Plant Easy to grow, Easy to Maintain!".

Well, I bought 4 of them and they had a stem and a root system as opposed to the floating bulbs of the hyacinth with hanging hair-like roots. I planted them in the shallows in some good soils and they did not make it. They seemed to be flourishing, but between the fluctuating water levels this spring and, maybe, something with a taste for them...they are no-more.

Everything I read called them a "floating plant", but I'm not convinced that they do not need some sort of anchor. Maybe they would float after they get some size to them, but the little pieces I received would not have been contained in a floating corral.

I may try again next year, but I think I should try to grow them out in temporary containers until they mature more. If something did not eat them, they may have merely floated out of their soil during one of the many heavy rain events and wondered off.

Fish on!,
Noel