Originally Posted By: SWMO 2
I just got back from there, I had a big catfish get off of my jug as I was pulling it up. I also saw some longear sunfish up on beds shallow. Bocomo, good thread there, the overall important things I am seeing are to get the catfish out, and cull about every bass I catch. As for adding more sunfish, should I stick to bluegill or are longears and greens okay too?

I have all three species in my pond. BG outproduce LES and GSF 1000 to 1. I'm having to trap out BG YOY to thin them out because I dont have enough predators to keep them in check. I throw back anything over 3" and feed the rest to my Black Soldier Fly generator. Haven't caught the first LMB fry this year, so I'm gonna have to bucket stock a few more. Haven't seen any RES either, so as soon as the Sabine gets back in its banks I'll be trying to bucket stock some more of those too.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!