Thanks TJ, I’ve always followed your 5 min rule in the past. I was feeding at dawn and dusk 8 seconds each. A
I’m also sure your fish density is a lot higher than mine.
I can’t come up and manage the feeder based on weather conditions. Just not feasible at this time. So I have to set it and let it run, but I run low run times. Twice a day.
I really think I found the problem. The empty bag I looked at was not the one I found in storage. That bag was still in the back of the utv. Looking closely at that bag I found a date of 5/14 on it. Optima must have just been getting started. I took that very old feed out of the feeder. It had almost no odor at all. The new feed has a much stronger fish smell. In fact as I was removing it, I spilled some, and my Setter wasn’t interested. Tells me a lot right there.
I’m hoping the old feed didn’t hurt the fish. I did a 2 second test run with the new feed and had some results. Not super strong, but the larger swirls were coming back.
I left it at 10 seconds a day (5 seconds at dawn and 5 at dusk). Hopefully that isn’t enough to cause water quality issues, if they aren’t hitting it all in 5 minutes.
I’ll not use old feed again..
Jeff

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023