I have several questions about feeding my fish.

My pond is a 3 acre strip pit: Good population of BG, LMB, and FHM. Small population of BCP, and RES. And just stocked CC, HBG, and HSB. I feed using a TH feeder, feeding 10am 6 seconds, 2pm 6 seconds, and 6pm 6 seconds. The BG are the only species of fish I have coming to the feeder and this is my second year of feeding my fish. My goal is to get more fish to come to the feed especially CC, HBG, HSB, and LMB.

1. If you use MVP food in a TH feeder will it throw the pellets equally(roughly the same amount of each size pellet) or will the smaller pellet size sift to the bottom of the feeder after a few feed cycles. Making it then throw predominately only one size of pellet.

2. If feed is stored over winter does it loose nutritional value and/or be less attractive to the fish.

3. If you switch from Optimal feeds to similar size Purina Aquamax feeds or vice versa will the fish still eat them as usual or in your experience is it best to stick with one brand.

4. I've been attempting to hand feed in a different 1/2 acre portion of my pond where the fish typically spawn and I see lots of FHM and baby BG. I have gotten FHM and a few small BG to eat, but was looking for suggestions to get LMB and a larger number of BG to eat.

5. I only feed for 18 seconds total each day, but my BG only will eat what I have provided so far. I've seen at other peoples ponds and read about the fish boiling the water when people feed. But I only have about 30- 40 adult BG that come to the feed and they never go crazy over it. Currently feeding Optimal BG mixed with Junoir. I fed AM 500 last year. Would you recommend feeding at more times than three a day and at what times of the day would you recommended setting the feeder?

6. I've read that your BG will only respond to feeding as consistent as you are at feeding them and when I hand feed it is typically at different times of the day, not on a set daily time. Has anyone had experience ringing a bell to attract the fish when hand feeding or any other way to get them to come in.

7. I stocked 50 CC 6-8", 40 HSB 4-6", and 200 HBG 3-4" on April 13th. I stocked them just to have more species of fish to watch eat fish food. I have not seen any of them since I released them and I observe my pond daily. Is it safe to say they probably got eaten by my LMB and BCP. I realive I didn't stock very many fish, especially for the size of my pond, but I at least thought I'd see some swimming around. I'm guessing it would be smarter to buy 11-14" CC and 6-8" HSB next time.

Last edited by Heath Lawrence; 05/09/19 02:26 PM.

3 acre strip pit: BG, RES, LMB and BCP.