Weather guessers guessed wrong. We got some rain, but not what they were expecting. It brought the water level up a couple more inches, but not enough to hit the spillway. It's supposed to rain some tomorrow, then more next week, so hopefully it will be full to the brim within a week.

Talked to fish guy today. It seems the weather is causing gill fungus issues with the sunfish at the hatcheries around here. He won't take them without a clean health certificate, so it's not certain when I'll be getting those. So far he's not been able to find pellet trained YP from a source that he trusts. Those may have to wait until fall. Regardless, the FHM and GSH are coming on Monday. I'm going to be down at Bennett Spring trout fishing when they arrive, but I'll ask him to get some pics of the stocking.

A couple or three weeks ago I bought some PK shrimp from the ebay guy in Louisiana. I didn't really expect much out of them, just did it because I could. Hadn't seen any sign of them since, not that I really expected to, but yesterday as I was watching the various wiggly things in the water I saw some critters that I couldn't quite make out what they were. Skinny, clear, black spots, maybe 1/4" long, lazy movement with an occasional twitch. Went out this evening with an aquarium net and dipped some out - turned out to be itty-bitty PK shrimp. About half of the order were females that were loaded with berries, and it seems that some of them hatched. I'm hoping to get a big order of them from TJ towards the end of the month, and now that I know for sure that the water is suitable for them I won't fret over dropping some coin on something that's just going to croak on me.