Hello. I have been thinking of late to possibly aerating my pond. The best fit for my budget and resources would be a windmill type device. After reading some of the old archived links and such, it is mentioned that when starting this on an established pond to gradually ease into this. 15 minutes first day, 30 minutes next, and so on. I am not sure how to do this with a windmill type system as no electric power AC/DC , opposed to solar or ac powered pumps and using a timer. I just have not had a time to read or lookup everything yet as so much information on here and other places.

I have a one acre pond with the deepest portion in center being 10ft. I have a balanced population of bluegill/bass and forage minnows. Due to the abundance of rains the past few years it seems the filmentous algae is trying to take off stronger than past. I noticed this on most all of the ponds in the area. I am chemically treating this to control a good portion of it before I fertilize to get my plankton bloom to the right amount using secchi disk. Possibly wanted to start aeration to help with algae and also create a better pond habitat.

Thanks for any insight or other comment.