As the pond has gotten closer to full pool it has sprung a few leaks. Couple days ago I happened to notice some bubbles
in the water. Three or four little bubbles... pause 5-10 seconds... three or four little bubbles... repeat.

I grabbed a sack of bentonite and my tomping stick and got after it. Tomped the dickens out of the general area where
the bubbles were appearing then dumped 50lbs of bentonite on top and tomped some more.

No more bubbles. The trickle below the dam stopped completely overnight. There are two more small leaks that I need
to find and fix. One is a trickle and the other is just a low spot that's standing water. Pond was losing about an inch a
week. The leak I fixed was the worst of the three, so I'm expecting to see a noticeable reduction in the rate of water loss.

4/27/19
[Linked Image from i1174.photobucket.com]

Planted a bald cypress tree on the northeast corner of the pond near the overflow. I know it will be a water sucker,
but that will be more than offset by the beauty of the tree.

4/28/19

Planted two cardinal flowers and a buttonbush on the south side. Both are native species, attractive, and wildlife-friendly.

4/28/19

4/28/19

Last edited by Augie; 04/19/20 09:03 AM. Reason: fixing the pics