Well after several hours and a 1/2 a dozen tries I finally got my siphon going again. A few tips. I switched to 22 degree elbows. I carried all my pipe and fittings to my shop to glue them together properly. I was getting dirt in the joints and the glue was not holding cause I didn't let it sit like you are suppose to. I switched to those rubber couplings to put the 3 sections together. I have the intake section with a waterpump pickup plastic screen on it. Then the middle section going over the top of the levee with the tee in it to fill up. And the discharge section down the outside of the levee. I will get some pictures up in the next few days. I first done all this by just sticking some pipe and fittings together and it worked but I wanted to make it a little better and move it to where the levee was taller on the back side. You know what they say about beginners luck. Now I got something that I can take apart when done and put it back up again when I need to draw the pond down. This will be another tool in my pond management arsenal. Hoping for some good weather pretty soon on a weekend to use some of those other pond management tools, namely that fishing pole.

Nothing like seeing your bobber bobbing.
1 acre pond with LMB BG GSF BH CC and whatever else I can find
Not after trophies I just like catching and eating fish
Buddy R Hill

I Subscribe