Originally Posted By: CMM
QA, I am not close to a permanent running creek either. I surely hope you never have to mess with the otter. I don't know what they have done to my fish population, I hope not to much damage. Rifle is close to zero, fine tuning tomorrow as I ran out of light tonight. I may have to overcome my fear of body traps. I really like my fingers, fishing would be tough with them all broken.

Over the past 4 yrs I have had to deal with River Otters. I have lost count on how many I have trapped out of the pond at different times. If you see one then look for 4. They seem to run in groups of 4 and may take a couple of weeks to trap the 4 out. For me I have never had an opportunity to shoot an Otter and I most always have a shotgun or riffle with me. I can set till dark or set for a long morning and I have only seen one and then I saw it for just a second before it dove under the water. And don't worry about your fingers when using a Conibar 330 trap. You need to worry about a broken arm or leg. No need to be scared of the trap but need to respect it and watch where you have your feet placed so no slip and fall into the trap.

I will take a goose anytime over a cormorant. I had 15 at the pond around noon yesterday. I am in the process of discouraging their return.

Last edited by TGW1; 04/02/19 06:53 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy