Originally Posted By: TGW1
Zep, I hate if for you but the otters and cormorants did not get all your fish. But, you will need to take action against them. Believe me, I know. It's a never ending battle at my place when it comes to Otters, beavers and cormorants. Hire a trapper if you can't be there. Or set enough traps and check them on the week ends. You are supposed to run traps daily but a man has to do what a man has to do! I keep traps out year round, it's the only way I can keep them out. Yesterday I caught about a dozen cnbg and 3 of them had fresh wounds from cormorants. The battle is ongoing.

And Frank, my cnbg are very active right now, but if I run a test with my TH feeder and it's not at the regular feeding time there will be little action, and if it's a blue bird day it may not be eaten at all.

Tracy, I see only a few CNBG at the feeders. LMB tend to dominate there, along with an occasional HSB.

Part of the problem are the cormorants, I'm sure. Scary for CNBG to come up near surface.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160