Wow, if I could see that my heart would be happy for a while smile

What pipe did you use? It looks painted black?

I was thinking, could I not use PVC pipe instead of metal pipe? I know there is worries about predators climbing the poles and we are supposed to use predator guards? How did they not climb your poles?

If I mount something into the shallows of the pond (to use water as the predator guard) I'm thinking of drilling a hole in the ice and possibly putting a fence post down below the water level, then use the fence post as a guide post and drop a pvc pipe over the fence post? That way if the next goes unused or after ducklings hatch I can easily pull the pvc pipe and mounted duck house off the guide post and store it away?

I guess I could do the same with a galvanized pipe pounding it under the water line and use it as a guide post.

If I use pvc and pound that in I could use fittings to thread on a top pipe which is tall enough to mount the duck box and thread it back off when it is time to ice skate again.

If duck houses have to go back up in March when there is still ice on the pond then I'd probably have to repeat that process every year as I would never find the old pipe under the ice.

but once ice is gone, I could probably wade out and find the guide post and pull it and drive it in somewhere else through the ice the next season?

Can raccoons climb up a pvc pipe vs a galvanized one?

Last edited by canyoncreek; 03/04/19 11:49 AM.