nehunter, I am not sure if the Eagle is keeping the cormorants away. I did see six of them at the pond a couple of days ago but the next day the Bald Eagle showed back up again this year. And he is observing things from a large tree that is real close to the pond. I have not seen a cormorant since. I can tell you the Osprey did run off a lot of birds including the Great Blue Herron's. He also kept the Kingfisher off the pond. The Osprey seems to be very aggressive and territorial.

Flame, I had a pair of woodies land on the pond yesterday evening. I've had large groups (flights) of them ( 10 to 15 per group and as many as 3 flights at a time ) land on the pond and they would go right after the feeders when they went off. It totally surprised me how they would go right to the feeder. Not sure if they were familiar with feeders or the splash of the cnbg feeding. I removed my wood duck boxes from the pond. I just did not like the possibility of my bass eating the ducklings. I am cleaning and moving the boxes to the bayou.

Last edited by TGW1; 02/27/19 08:30 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy