jludwig-I don't think I'll do any electrofishing. I am just going to watch feeding activity around the feeder. If we have a warm spell for a week or so they should really turn on at the feeder. my gut feeling is I have lost most of the adults. I have seen some coming to feed in the last week that looked like 6 inches or so. there are very few of them, but I don't think they are used to the feeder. They never had a chance while the big ones were alive and taking most of the pellets.

Ewest- I think that is exactly it. Plus the 30-0-0 fertilizer runoff back in the summer. Water really got green quick a week or so after rain fell on the fresh fertilizer. I just don't see how it could keep from being overcrowded. Stocked 2500 bg and nearly everything we caught was well over a pound. weighed one that was 1.5 lbs and another 1.9lbs. No telling what some of these weighed that we removed that were dead. I think the ammonia from the fertilizer and decaying fish caused a snowball effect quick.

Mike-We aren't handling any of the fish, just mainly raking them out. the buzzards are pretty much living here now. I am not too worried about exposure to them. What is the largest fish you all have caught in a clover leaf trap?

Scott Hanners