Originally Posted By: FireIsHot
This is a short video of my setup helping a friend spread 30 tons of gypsum. It was a muddied 3 acre pond, and it took less than 4 hours total. Visibility returned within 3 days, so spreading it from the bank worked.

I brought 2 cheap tarps, a front end loader to pile the gypsum on the tarps(this was done to keep from blowing out the banks), a 2" water pump with hose, and a cheap red plastic nozzle from TSC. We hopscotched down the bank, and reset the pump between every 2 piles. When it was time to move the pump, we just threw it in the tractor bucket, and set it between the next 2 piles. It actually went very smoothly.

Another option is to use a trailer pulled by a tractor. Just set the pump at the front, and load the back of the trailer with lime. This eliminates all the moving of tarps and pump equipment. Just back the trailer into the pond where you want it, blow the lime off, uncouple the tractor, reload the trailer, then head to the next spot.

I like your trailer idea I think im gonna go that route. cheap tarp on the trailer dump the lime on it, back the trailer in / near the water and blow it off with the nozzle!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]