I have been keeping two Conibar traps out at the far end of the pond. This area is nearest to the bayou. And I caught another beaver yesterday. Both traps had gone off but only one had a beaver in it. First time for me where a trap went off and nothing was in it. These traps are about 10 yds apart from each other. The beaver was headed into the pond. I think it was looking for a new place to set up a home.

I have been concerned lately that the pond is running short of 3 to 4" cnbg because I just don't see many at the feeders. I do see maybe 50 to a hundred cnbg in the 7 to 10" size that hang out at each feeder. So I sat out looking for some of the smaller sized and discovered that if I hand threw some feed around the brush piles along the shoreline and a good distance away from the feeder I would see around a dozen or so come to the feed. They were in that 3 to 4" range. I felt better after seeing the smaller sized cnbg.

The cnbg and the feed trained lmb along with the HSB were all pretty active on the Aquamax. So I increased the amount of the LMB feed.

Last edited by TGW1; 02/04/19 09:05 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy