Originally Posted By: Snipe
WOW!!! I've never seen a recommendation of more than 250-300 BG/acre unless it was by someone that was also selling the fish.
75 LMB per acre might be possible if conditions were perfect I guess but 40-50 seems more appropriate.
I'm completely missing something on these stocking rates I guess.
I should be considering I'm from a different part of the country, but that sure seems extremely high to me..??
EDIT: I went and looked up your source. I assumed it was a publication..It is a supplier, I will apologize for my comments about "recommendations from a supplier", but I will not apologize for believing that is too high.. I believe it is.

Snipe, in your area, your pond is very fertile. You could easily stock 3000 to 4000 BG per acre, and 100 LMB without any problem at all. I know you work with some state pros, yet states are usually VERY conservative, and most stocking information is based on books written more than 75 years ago, and little modern day empirical evidence that is repeatable, often gets little more than scoffed at by many a state fishery biologist...some states stay abreast of change, but those are in the minority. A lot of the reasons for an abhorrence to modern methods and change could be due to concentrating on "native" fish species over sport fishing