Unprecedented cold and snow here in SW MI. Kids have had 3 consecutive snow days and tomorrow off too, might be a whole week off school.

Despite our efforts, and the bitter cold, the one edge of the pond still appeared newly wet yesterday during the day. I can't imagine how that is possible in the below zero windchills! Must be the weight of the snow on the edge pushed water up from underneath and into the shallows.

We were clearing ice frequently the last few days but the lake effect snow kept coming. The kids want to skate once air temps are safe for skin exposure.

but in the coldest hour we get water on the pond. Now the 2 stage walk behind snowblower is useless as the wet snow freezes in the housing and chute as soon as the air hits it. I dare use the quad with plow but it can't move the wet banks.

My JD mounted snowblower might do an OK job but I don't trust to put it on the ice near the wet spot.

2 days of cold and then air temps in the 40s and rain Sunday. Strange.

Oh well, no snow till January, now 3 feet in the yard, 5 foot banks around the pond, we got a few days of skating in I guess.

Might have to just settle for some ice fishing!