Originally Posted By: ewest
BG and LMB have about the same water quality requirements. From a history of your pond my guess is that carrying capacity is the issue with BG. If so more harvest might be in order. Auburn has a fish disease service. Might want to contact them as they are in your state.

Auburn University fisheries is only 30 minutes from me. My friend and I just had this conversation an hour ago. I need to call and see what they could do. Maybe a water sample or take them a dead fish.

About carrying capacity-I never really understood how come stocking rates seem way higher than actual carrying capacity (adult fish) of a pond. I stocked 2500 bg and 150 bass. I have already caught a bg that weighed 1.9 lbs. Lets just say the bg average 1 lb and the bass average 3 lbs.(which some are much larger), that would be way higher than what a 2 acre pond can carry. I know we take fish from the pond from time to time, but even waiting a year or so before harvesting it would seem the pond would be way over the carrying capacity.

Scott Hanners