Originally Posted By: mattmonster1991
Originally Posted By: nehunter
Here in NE we have a lake that the state has it as a catch and release only for the flatheads. Their goal is to keep the white perch pop down.

my goal in the future is to have a few of my own ponds have 1 pond about an acre that i stock with just flatheads and gizzard shad as is aid ic an get those by the buckets full just takes 1 trip with my cast net and 4 big coolers and could easily feed them like every 3 months go and do that for forage for them to eat in hopes of producing good 5-12 pound flattys for eating and fun

Don't know about the 40 acre lake, might work out ok but I am no expert. Your idea of a 1 acre pond with flatheads sounds like it would be doable but like I said, I'm no expert. If flatheads were the primary predator then BG, GSF and bullheads would feed them some also. If you feed with fish food of which I don't know if flatheads will pellet train, might be the best way. Would be interesting to see in a 1 acre pond cause you could always start over after a big fish fry.

Nothing like seeing your bobber bobbing.
1 acre pond with LMB BG GSF BH CC and whatever else I can find
Not after trophies I just like catching and eating fish
Buddy R Hill

I Subscribe