I'll try to answer all the suggestions and questions about possibilities, or attempts -

Pics BTW are in a lower post in this same sub-section (Soil Questions) labeled Dark Loose Clay

Muck is about 2-3ft deep along the edge of the pond I'd say....I cant say what it is in the middle because I have never dug in the middle of the bowl.

Water has always been muddy.

I can cut a ledge around the bowl to move the back earth to the dam. I have an abundance of clay in my area and inside my pond. I have a plan to re-core, but the terrain does not lend to a scraper of any sorts riding easily around it. Edges are wooded and the grade is pretty steep.

Any other equipment/job is going to add to the expense and I am currently 8K into trying to seal a leaking core. Looking at another who knows how much $$$$. (Been taken to the cleaners by some "DIRT" guys that know how to build ponds). I am leery at adding expense by adding more to a job that I JUST WANT TO SEE COMPLETED! 4 years in the making.

John Fitzgerald - What are you calling a sump? Just a deep well type holding hole? What's the benefit in collecting it that way rather than pushing it over the dam the first time? Just gathering info.
ALSO - " Make sure all disturbed areas are well compacted during the completion phase, especially the cut in the dam. I am still dealing with excessive seepage due to poor compaction and failure to take out all tree roots" this is kind of what I am renovating for. Core is leaking through stumps grown on the backside of the damn..and I believe muskrat holes. Combine that with a 50-60 year pond...and the decay is extensive.

Journeyman - I have read about muck away and the cost scares me to get a 2 - 2.5 acre 50-60 year old pond under control.

God has blessed us with this day, what we do with it is up to us.