I finally finished up placing most of the remaining limbs in the pond this morning. Due to the lack of my creativity, I've named these limb bundles brush spiders, primarily because all the bundles have 8 limbs. Any more than that, and the bundle gets to heavy to easily move.

The final placement isn't set yet because the siphon's been running off and on for the last month, and I'll finish up when the water level returns to normal. Best I can remember, I wound up placing 25-30 bundles in the pond, so 200-250 limbs were used. All limbs were water oak or hackberry, because that's what the goat's liked to eat.

Cedars will be added to these piles this winter.

The first two pics are of a finished brush pile on a shallow water point. It covers 20'X40' area, and will be adjacent to a patch of hybrid lilies. Cover and summertime shade.

These pics are of 3 brush piles that were placed in a CNBG preferred spawning flat. It was hard to get a pick of all three, but they're in 6" to 3' of water, and abut 15' apart. They were placed adjacent to hybrid lilies, reeds, and water primrose.

Attached Images
IMG_4971_point_1_800.jpg IMG_4972_point_2_800.jpg IMG_4983_bank_1_800.jpg IMG_4988_bank_2_800.jpg
Last edited by FireIsHot; 01/07/19 11:52 AM.

AL