Lots of good info there. I have a 100 gal water tank I got back in the summer. We have lots of small trees,flower beds and a garden to keep watered. The faucet always leaks where the hose hooks to it. I had been using a barrel but stepped up to a cow tank to catch that water. We use all of it for watering but I started keeping my leftover minners in the bucket in there for a few days over the weekends. We have mosquitoes so it has plenty of food for small fish. The water gets changed out quite often too.
I plan on totally removing all the willows. It will take some time to get it all done but that is the plan. I won't be using any for brushpiles. I have figured out a place for the dense brush area. Probably a 20' X 30' area. I plan on throwing all my cedar limbs along with some oak, hickory, gum and whatever else I trim or cut down except willows. This area is closest to my house so I chose this spot cause of the idea I have about making a bug killer to hang over this spot to feed the fish some nice tasty bugs. I could run some extension cords to see if it will work and if it does than I would run a line down there. If I do that then that leads to the aeration idea I have been kicking around.
Another idea I have been thinking about lately is spillway pipe with the boards that I can pull out to drop the level a few feet. I have got a place in mind next to my current spillway. This will cost some $$$$ to do and I will have to rent or borrow a small trackhoe to do it. So I have got to start picking up cans so I can fund this project.
Still thinking about the sediment/forage pond. This would be in the entrance to the main pond. But this project would be farther down the road.

Nothing like seeing your bobber bobbing.
1 acre pond with LMB BG GSF BH CC and whatever else I can find
Not after trophies I just like catching and eating fish
Buddy R Hill

I Subscribe