Neat looking BOW. Welcome to the forum.

I have no experience with gravel pits other than what I have read here on PBF. So anything I say is mostly just regurgitated information.

Early on a water test would be helpful to see just what you have in water quality. I suspect it is very low fertility but that can be overcame with a feeding program. Any amendments to a BOW that size will take some time and investment. That is the disadvantage to a large BOW. The management and resource requirements go way up. But with big risks come big rewards also.

There are some Nebraska guys on here that have experience with quarrys and/or gravel pits.

I see the two smaller ponds as a plus. Stocking a BOW that large is going to be expensive if you do it correctly. The small ponds could be used as forage or grow out ponds for the main pond to aid in the main BOW management.

Is it a ground water pond or watershed pond? I would guess a ground water being a gravel pit but it could be either.

Good luck if you proceed with the purchase and keep us informed on your progress. You can use the "My Stuff" tab to put your threads on a "Watch List" so you can keep track of them. After a few days or weeks a thread you are interested in can become burried and very hard to find. The Watch List helps you keep track of interesting threads.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine