So much reading to do and have done. My pond is over 20 yrs old and has not been managed. I believe the LMB are overpopulated. My CC are now a large predator. I know I have to remove all the LMB and CC I catch to give the little guys a chance. I will call in some reinforcements to do this. A fish fry will be in order. I have been working on brush piles and shallow areas for the little guys to hide in. I moved my spillway up and added about a foot to the water level and now I believe I have over an acre at full pool. I have been adding BG and GSF to add to the forage.I got to learn how to identify minnows and very small fish and get a dipnet to start catching some of these little critters like the Gambusia My pond has just been a bucket stocked deal with just the natural food chain. I kinda want to keep it that way but enhance it with some management. Thank You for all the responses. I think that there are others with the same ideas about having just a natural non fed pond. I think that with some information and managing the pond it can be doable. The problem with mine was it was not fished regularly enough for years and no records were ever kept. Now I am doing that and working to make it better.

Nothing like seeing your bobber bobbing.
1 acre pond with LMB BG GSF BH CC and whatever else I can find
Not after trophies I just like catching and eating fish
Buddy R Hill

I Subscribe