Frank, I understand the TFS spawn on vegetation but my pond has very little vegetation. I did add some Christmas trees and some Cedars along the shoreline making 9 brush piles in 1 to 3' of water. A place where I could get some survival of the cnbg fry. But I am guessing the TFS used them for spawning as well. I can most always find them around the brush piles during the fall. Spawning I think. I added TFS the first time in late November 4 yrs ago. I added around 300 4 to 5" at that time. I then added 10,000 2 to 3" size the following spring. For what ever reason the TFS have really liked my pond and I have always had a lot of them in my pond. A side note, I seem to always have low numbers of 2 to 3" cnbg every time I e shocked the pond in the spring. But the TFS seem to make up for it, in that size, in the forage numbers. As per Todd Overton's comments to me after the first or second e survey. I was sure I lost my TFS last winter because of 42 degree water temps I had in last years long cold winter. Guess they found warmer water in my 12' depths. I found survival with 3 to 5" caught during a sein I did last June. Surprise, Suprise Surprise smile

Last edited by TGW1; 11/26/18 07:45 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy