Originally Posted By: TGW1
It was a nice day, guessing around 70. I started with getting my Polaris 900 out of the woods. The steering stopped working leaving me stranded the other day. I'm not sure if I will attempt to repair it or have it repaired. After all that, I went to repair the timer on one of my TH feeders. I was not able to fix it so I will be ordering a new timer. While I was at the feeder I had feed the fish and they were very active, hadn't been feed for about a week. I watched the pond and the fish were very active with the aquamax mvp that was thrown from the other feeders. I watched the hsb feed on the TFS, lots and lots of TFS in the pond and the hsb were all over them all around the pond. There may have been a few lmb feeding on them as well. Well, that activity made me grab a fishing rod and on the first cast I caught an hsb that was fat and sassy, guessing it was in the 3.5lb range. Caught it on a white sparkly tube jig while dragging it on the bottom. So, I decided to change up and grabbed another rod with a drop shot and a plastic worm. Caught a nice Florida lmb, guessing it was in or around 4lbs. Looked really healthy but I was surprised that the lmb was not so fat. I know its weight is over on the RW charts but still, I expected to see a fat belly but instead I saw a fish that was healthy but not fat. Now I am thinking about what I might do to increase the weight on these 4 lb Florida bass. I not quite ready to thin the herd so to speak because the last 3 I have caught looked like this one. I caught two last August/September. I did check the RW on those and they were in the 100% + range. So where to go from here?

Tracy, what has been your experience with TFS? How many did you stock? They are recommended for my BOW, as my LMB are only about 90% RW until they hit 14 or 15 inches.

Do TFS spawn on wood? Weeds? I have some fairly deep water near the dam, around 20 feet, so maybe they'd survive a normal winter.

Last edited by anthropic; 11/26/18 12:15 PM.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160