Originally Posted By: gully washer
Nice place, cool project, great looking results. Did you build the entire pond with only the backhoe?

I'm diggin' that dock, I've been pondering over building one similar to that.

Hope you don't mind that I embedded your pics.

Thanks for the help with the pictures. Someday I’m going to have to learn how to do that.

Yes, I built the whole thing with the backhoe. I did some of the finish and rock work with a skid steer. It was a story of time instead of money. 1 to 4 inch lifts depending on the moisture of the material. The dam is 11 feet tall, 240 feet long. 2 feet of freeboard. The drain is about 8 feet below the spillway. The total depth is about 14 feet.

The dock is fixed to steel posts I set in concrete before filling the pond. The wood was one of the bigger expenses. It is 8 by 16 feet long.

In total, I spent about $500 on diesel and grease, $450 for wood, and $500 for the drain and valve which is required by state law.

Brad
1.5 acre pond with LMB, BG, BCP, CC, FHM and lots of crayfish, unknown type. .5 acre pond with FHM and GSF. 12 acre irrigation reservoir that I don't know what to do with. New pond, roughly 1.5 acres. Pond Boss Subscriber.