Originally Posted By: Bobbss
Jeff, I'm not sure if you know what I mean. I'm not sure I'm saying it right. Lol! I mean every time it comes up to a new level that hasn't been under water since last March, it will drop faster at first, then slow down. It always slows down before it gets back down to the level it was before it rained. Kind of like 2 steps forward 1 step back 2 steps forward 1 step back.
Since most of my watershed is heavily wooded, I think I should get better run off over the winter after all the leaves fall off and things go more dormant. I think I'm going to try to thin my woods out some over the winter, so maybe I'll get better run off next year.

You’re right Bob. I misunderstood. I thought it was always going back quickly to the same spot. I didn’t realize you were stair stepping up like you are. How many feet to full?
I did get 1” at our place yesterday. Probably got a little more runoff that usual with all the beans out.
Hope you’re getting full

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023