Eric, we have been catching a good number of BG at the pond with the feeder. Note that this pond, until our experiment began, had a population of stunted LMB and some monster BG (obviously a common pond problem as you well know). We quite frequently caught BG in the 10"-11" range ("monster" IMO anyway) and every now and then some a little bigger.

We continue to catch some of those larger BG but are also catching many more in the intermediate 6"-8" or 9" range. I have not taken any relative weight measurements for the BG but I plan to do more of that starting next season. Note that we have intentionally not harvested any BG at all from any of our ponds during this renovation/rehab project.

I still need to read up and study a bit more about whether I should or should not harvest BG from this experimental pond (or from the other 2 for that matter) down the road. My thought process here is that the pond had too many LMB that were stunted because they did not have enough food....why would I want to take out that food now that I have the predator population in better balance? Like I said, I need to study this topic a bit more before next season. BM61.

Last edited by bassmaster61; 11/02/18 11:49 AM.